The main office of NORD/LB and Braunschweigische Landessparkasse at Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz in Braunschweig comprises three building parts: the historical railway station, known as the Ottmerbau, that was built in 1845 based on a design by Carl Theodor Ottmer and used as a railway station until 1960; the former computer centre Haus Bürgerpark; and the office block with its associated low-rise buildings that was finished in 1975.
The external areas surrounding the buildings are laid out as green areas and the entire plot, with a size of 28,000 square metres, is surrounded by the Oker river and is therefore referred to as the "island".
After NORD/LB was formed in 1970 (merger of Niedersächsische Landesbank, Braunschweigische Staatsbank, Hannoversche Landeskreditanstalt and Niedersächsische Wohnungskreditanstalt-Stadtschaft), and since the Braunschweigische Landessparkasse was set up in 2008, the Ottmerbau has been used for Private Banking consultation and the Haus Bürgerpark as a branch. The office block serves as an administrative building.
|Opening of the Ottmerbau (old station):||1845|
|Opening of the Haus Bürgerpark (former computer centre):||1972|
|Opening of office block:||1975|
|Plot size:||28.500 sqm|
|Gross floor area:||27.000 sqm (excluding basement storeys and underground car park)|
|Main floor area:||24.500 sqm|
|Office workspaces:||ca. 620 (office block and low-rise buildings) |
approx. 65 (Ottmerbau)
approx. 90 (Haus Bürgerpark)
|Parking spaces in the underground car park, on the parking level and in the employee car park:||450|
NORD/LB Media and Communication
The photos provided by NORD/LB are protected by copyright. They may only be used for media purposes in accordance with applicable press and copyright laws. NORD/LB and >photographer should be acknowledged as the source.