Why are you interested in interest and currency management? Every day the global market provides your company with new opportunities which you should take advantage of. At the same time the markets are becoming more dynamic.
Growth and success are your company’s stated goals.
Yet, cyclical fluctuations, volatile exchange rates and commodity price changes always affect your company’s cost and risk profiles. Moreover, you are increasingly faced with the growing globalisation of your supply chain and, consequently, with the necessity of dealing with the implementation of technical and digital solutions.
One response to these challenges can be provided by professional supply chain management (“SCM“). Along with the optimisation of logistical processes, the financial aspects of all the players in the supply chain likewise play a key role.
Accordingly, as regards financing matters, NORD/LB’s innovative supply chain finance solutions also focus on the concept of an integrated value chain.
Together with us you can tap into alternative sources of financing in order to optimise the capital flows along your supply chain and, thus, realise competitive advantages vis-à-vis rivals. Purposefully boost your financial capability from within and focus your attention not only on your own strength but also on that of your suppliers and customers in order to enhance your competitiveness. Strengthen both your supplier financing as well as sales financing, for example, through our trade finance solutions.
Optimise your working capital, for example, through our receivables purchasing or reverse factoring programmes and release tied-up capital in order to make the best use of your company’s financial headroom. Furthermore, you can improve your balance sheet structure with an ensuing positive impact on your company’s key performance indicators and, thus, on your rating and the financing costs that are linked to that.
We can offer you
- Receivables purchasing (individual receivables and/or portfolios)
- Reverse factoring
- Borrowing base financing
- Trade finance (>import and export)
- Individually structured purchase and sales financings
Your advantages at a glance
- Release of cash tied up in working capital and in the supply chain
- Balance sheet optimisation
- Reduction in your financing costs
- Strengthening of your strategically important suppliers
- Optimisation of financial flows along the entire supply chain
- Widening of the scope of your internal financing
- Increase in your enterprise value and profitability
Business is good, and your trade receivables, lease/rent receivables and loan receivables are increasing rapidly. We help you to exploit these receivables as an additional source of finance. As a result you not only reduce your finance costs, you also widen your financial scope for further investment and reduce your default risks.
We offer you:
- structured debt financing
- reverse factoring
- spurious repurchase
Your benefits at a glance
- increased liquidity
- release of capital tied up
- avoid default risks
- extension of your internal financial scope
- improving your credit rating - and therefore the rating
- reduce your financing costs
We are happy to advise you in relation to your balance sheet structure and mobilising your assets.
Our specialists develop holistic finance solutions both for company acquisitions by our SME customers and for private equity investors. In addition to the cash-flow oriented structuring and arrangement of own and borrowed finance, we try to be a long-term-oriented, reliable finance partner for companies.
Our approach to customer care: We stand for a holistic approach to customer care from one source - before, during and after the transaction. Here the deal team comprising of corporate customer advisers, product specialists (corporate finance) and contract specialists take centre stage.
Our principles: In structuring we are guided by our lending principles, which ensure the stability of the finance by stipulating certain requirements with regard to the company's credit rating as well as the usual conditions and covenants.
Transactions: We do not focus on specific industries and also deal with MBO/MBI/LBO, spin offs and owner buy outs.
Investments in new machinery and state-or-the-art technology remain crucial for the success of our companies. Ownership of commercial property secures your independence, and the customer-oriented financing of your sales is key for customer retention and a competitive advantage.
This is all the more critical in a commercial environment where the increasing switch from classical ownership decisions in end-customer business (B2B/B2C) towards rental solutions is triggering disruptive changes to existing business, financing and liquidity models of our mid-market corporate customers. This creates financing requirements that we are able to meet by offering competitive and demand-driven solutions.
Examples of what we can offer our corporate customers:
- Development of demand-driven financing concepts,
- Flexible finance solutions along the entire value chain,
- Longstanding structuring expertise,
- Optimise your term, liquidity and refinancing structures,
- Network of effective cooperation partners,
- Arranging and leading finance syndicates.
Overview of some of the benefits of our finance solutions:
- Off-balance sheet transaction structures (HGB/BilMoG*),
- Optimise your balance sheet ratios,
- Release tied-up capital and increase your liquidity,
- Widen the scope of your internal financing
- Flexible finance solutions for a wide range of finance needs (including sales financing, asset/share deals, financing of new and existing movable and/or immovable assets),
- Individualised opportunities/risk profile (including access to the strategic asset),
- Optimise your (re)financing base with the involvement of development funds and both existing and new strategic banking partners.
* Using structuring leeway to partially improve the balance-sheet position is possible under IFRS
NORD/LB sees itself as a modern and future-orientated finance partner for mid-market companies and as the house bank for municipalities especially in northern Germany. Both customer groups rely on longer term and secure financing streams in order to drive forward their commercial success or public services. Issues such as future viability, innovation and sustainability are key drivers for long-term investments. NORB/LB has a wide range of needs-based, corporate-driven finance solutions to hand.
However, we operate in a banking and market environment that is subject to extreme pressure as regards enforceable terms. Consequently, the issue of an intelligent refinancing structure that is optimised on the cost side is a critical component of any financing solution from a competitive perspective. For many years, our expertise in optimising refinancing structures has focused on the programme loan landscape as well as individual refinancing opportunities from regional, sector-specific and national development institutions. The opportunities for public funding are varied! Irrespective of whether we are dealing with the establishment or expansion of a company, regardless of whether SME, classic mid-market player, large company or municipal corporation, no matter what the sector – we offer our customers optimised refinancing solutions for all topics around growth, digitalisation, innovation or sustainability. Even where our primary focus is on optimising refinancing, we work with selected partners to support our customers in generating subsidies and other types of funding.
Below is an extract of our range of services:
- Longstanding structuring and financing expertise for investments that are eligible for funding via public refinancing streams,
- Allocation and review of the eligibility of investment projects and the development of needs-based finance,
- Long-term cooperation with KfW, various regional/national and sector-focused financing institutions,
- Optimised term and refinancing structures for on and off-balance finance.
This generates the following benefits for our customers:
- Longstanding refinancing expertise and thus high resilience in the assessment of eligibility of the respective investment projects,
- Comprehensive advice and support in structuring customer projects to ensure eligibility including an integrative approach to the financing structure,
- Optimisation of the interest burden for eligible investment projects,
- High funding certainty (usually long terms can also be demonstrated),
- Option to combine various funds and different financing products (e.g. structured credit, leasing),
- Lean documentation (usually standard contracts).
You would like to secure successful capital resources and stable balance-sheet structures for your business? Successful businesses use the entire range of innovative financing products. The promissory note is an alternative financial instrument with a high degree of flexibility and is also an established product.
The bonded loans allows the individual loans to be concentrated under a single joint document which is spread across several investors.
This financing alternative allows you quick access to the capital market, provides relief for existing credit lines with your core banks and generally does not require any collateral to be provided.
We offer you bonded loans for the following financing needs:
- General business finance
- Refinancing of financial liabilities that are due
- Diversification / widening of the investor/lender base
- Relieve existing credit lines with core banks
- Expansion finance
- Save issuing and administrative costs (compared to bonds)
- Capital market proximity for businesses unable to issue (without external rating)
- Medium-term finance without additional ties
- Simply structured and flexible contract documentation
- Raised awareness in the capital market, making subsequent transactions easier
- If required, discretion and confidentiality (compared to bonds); possible to exclude certain investors
You would like to secure the success and growth of your business with a plannable and reliable financing base? A syndicated loan allows you, under the lead of a bank (the mandated lead arranger) to secure the liquidity of your business for many years. You may need finance for an impending investment, the acquisition of a company, the restructuring of your liabilities or possibly extend your group of banks.
As the lead bank, we coordinate the entire process. We provide the liquidity required for your business for the desired term and integrate types of finance tailored to meet your specific needs. With a single set of documentation, we reduce the complexity of financing and the administrative burden for your business.
Our product specialists will provide you with a financing package that is tailored to your individual needs and allows you to achieve your plans and objectives.
- Ability to finance large sums that are greater than the sums that can be raised by a single bank
- Saving of time for the borrower as you only have to communicate with the lead bank
- High degree of flexibility in the financing structure (e.g. regarding amount, utilisation and repayment)
- Planning reliability in relation to volumes, conditions and term
- Widening of the investor base (if desired)
- National / international publicity (if desired)
As a successful company, would you like to extend your financing structure? Are you capital market oriented? Or are you already an active participant in the capital market? The issue of a corporate bond is the right instrument for you to finance a high capital requirement with debit finance while protecting existing credit lines.
- Independent and individual advice from an experienced project team
- Tailored analysis by our in-house Fixed Income Research team
- Individual structuring of the bond issue (constant and stand-alone issue, private placement)
- High placement power due to excellent access to national and international investors
- Sales staff operating on a national and international level
- Secondary market tradi
The benefits for you
- Existing credit lines not affected
- Maintain full independence, as investors have no say
- Investor acceptance due to transparency and fungibility in the secondary market
- Raised awareness in the capital market, making subsequent transactions easier
- Diversification of the debt finance structure